Chapter 1- #2

Oh great, I fell asleep last night and I'm late for school. I hurriedly get up from the bed and rush to the toilet to wash up. Looks like I've got no time to bathe.

After bathing, washing up and gotten ready, I ran downstairs to check for breakfast. As usual, my mum didn't prepare breakfast. Caramel came running down the stairs. I bet she's also late.

"Good morning, Evee. Where's mum?
Caramel doesn't like calling me 'sis', she prefers calling me Evee, like the rest of the people.

"Good morning Caramel. I don't know. Isn't she upstairs?" I said.

She shook her head and point at my direction. I turned my head behind and I saw a note on the refrigerator. I walk towards the refrigerator and picked up the note. 



Girls, I'm out early today. I've got a lot of work to do in the office. Will be back late. I didn't prepare breakfast but there some cash on the table. Take care. 


love,
Mum.


"Oh great. Mum's gonna be back late tonight, Caramel." I told her while looking at my Esprit watch.
"What? Why?"
"What you mean by what and why? That's what she wrote! It's okay, Caramel. Just go out with your friends or something. But remember, don't came back later than 8 o'clock, okay?" Sternly telling her.

Caramel nods her head and walk towards the house door. She picked up her white flats and wore them.
It's 7.00 am already, where's Pearl?
Pearl stays near by us and she is my classmate.

I walked over to the house door with my sister leaning against the door and put my feet into my pink converse shoe.

I heard a honk. And yes, Pearl's here. Caramel entered the car while I close the door and lock everything up and then entered the car.

"Hi aunty. Hi Pearl. Sorry we were a bit late this morning." Caramel and I greeted with a smile.

Pearl and her mum replied our greeting, "It's okay you two. Pearl and I were late also." said Pearl's mum and drove off to school. School is quite near to our place I can say. It only takes us around 5 minutes to reach school from my house.

We reached school around 7.09 am according to my watch. Caramel and I thanked and said bye to Pearl's mum and got down.

My sister saw her friends and walked off while I wait for Pearl to get down from the car. Pearl and I walked straight up to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment